All laser cutting processes have their own inherent advantages and disadvantages, but it appears that the benefits of fiber laser cutting machines far outweigh that of any of the other processes. From the practice we have summarized advantages :
1. High cutting accuracy: laser cutting machine positioning accuracy 0.05mm, repeated positioning accuracy 0.03mm.
2. Laser cutting machine cut narrow slit: the laser beam is focused into a very small light spot so that the focal point reaches a very high power density, and the material is quickly heated to the degree of gasification and evaporates to form a hole.
With the relative linear movement of the beam and the material, the hole continuously forms a slit with a very narrow width, and the width of the notch is generally 0.10-0.20mm.
3. The cutting surface of the laser cutting machine is smooth: the cutting surface is burr-free, and the surface roughness of the notch is generally controlled within Ra6.5.
4. The speed of the laser cutting machine is fast: the cutting speed can reach 10m/min, the maximum positioning speed can reach 30m/min.
5. The cutting quality of the laser cutting machine is good: no contact cutting, the cutting edge is not affected by heat, there is basically no thermal deformation of the workpiece, the edge collapse formed during material punching and shearing is completely avoided, and the cutting seam generally does not need secondary processing.
6. No damage to the workpiece: the laser cutting head will not come into contact with the material surface to ensure that the workpiece will not be scratched.
7.Not affected by the shape of the workpiece: laser processing flexibility, can process arbitrary graphics, can cut pipes and other profiles.
8. Laser cutting machines cut a variety of materials, such as plastic, wood, PVC leather, textiles, plexiglass, and so on.
9.Save mold investment: laser processing does not need a mold, no mold consumption, no need to repair mold, saving mold replacement time, thus saving processing costs and reducing production costs, especially suitable for the processing of large products.
Saving materials: by using computer programming, products of different shapes can be cut to maximize the utilization rate of materials.
11. Improve the speed of leaving the factory: after the product drawings are formed, laser processing can be carried out immediately, and the physical objects of the new products can be obtained in the shortest time.
12. Safety and environmental protection: less laser processing waste, low noise, clean, safe, and pollution-free, greatly improving the working environment.
The main features of fiber laser cutting machine are as follows:
First, the electric-optical conversion efficiency of the fiber laser is high, and the conversion efficiency is more than 30%. The low-power fiber laser does not need to be equipped with a water cooler and adopts air cooling, which can greatly save the power consumption at work, save the operation cost, and achieve the highest production efficiency.
Second, the operation of the laser only needs electric energy, does not need to produce extra gas of the laser, and has the lowest operation and maintenance cost.
Third, the fiber laser adopts semiconductor modularization and redundant design, there is no optical lens in the resonant cavity, no start-up time is needed, and it has the advantages of no regulation, no maintenance, and high stability, which reduces the cost of accessories and maintenance time. This is unmatched by traditional lasers.
Fourth, the output wavelength of the fiber laser is 1.064 microns, which is 1×10 of the CO2 wavelength. The output beam quality is good, the power density is high, which is very conducive to the absorption of metal materials, and has excellent cutting and welding ability so that the processing cost is the lowest.
Fifth, the whole machine optical route optical fiber transmission, does not need complex mirrors and another light guide system, the optical path is simple, the structure is stable, and the external optical path is maintenance-free.
Sixth, the cutting head contains protective lenses, so that the consumption of valuable consumables such as focusing mirrors is very small.
Seventh, light is derived through an optical fiber, which makes the design of mechanical systems very simple and easy to integrate with robots or multi-dimensional worktables.
The fiber laser is small in size, light in weight, movable in working position, and small in area.